HT9 Earthed Glass Fibre Tapes are flexible heaters that are ideal for heating columns, pipes, valves and transfer lines, especially when these applications need to be observed. They can be applied to metal pipes as well as glassware.
The HT9 Series Glass Fibre Tapes have an element wound on a glass fibre core and covered in a braided glass fibre outer sheath; the HT9 series additionally has a braided earth (ground) wire beneath the outer sheath.
They are available in different lengths to accommodate a broad range of temperatures up to 450°C. The use of an energy or temperature controller is recommended. (Controllers require hard wiring to the Heating Tape - see downloads for instructions).Key Features
• For high wattage applications
• has a braided earth wire beneath the outer sheath
• Operational temperature range up to 450°C
• Cord is spiralled around the tube being heated to give a surface loading power concentration up to 0.62W/cm²
• Linear Loading: 164W/m (50W/ft)
• Available in different lengths from 2 feet (61cm) to 32 feet (976cm)
• Insulated unheated flexible lead at each end (9cm)
• Approximate width of 25mm
• All models have a voltage choice of 230V or 115V (except for HT95524 and HT95532 models which are available as 230V only)
• For use in dry conditions only
• Use of MC227 1-Way Controller
, MC228X1 1-Way Controller
or MC810B digital controller